Top Five to Thrive
OK OK, I know. We’re back to the work week. It can be so discouraging to come off the (semi) relaxed vibe of the weekend and get blasted with a high dose of the daily grind.
Take heart! (I love this Bible phrase!)
Here’s your ….
Top Five to Thrive
1. You don’t have to be a missionary to be on mission. God created you for a high and holy calling. That calling may be right in front of you. (It may even be annoying you right now.)
2. Remember your Godly mission, even in the midst of the mess. Day to day tasks can weigh you down, but God cares about what you’re doing (even if others don’t seem to notice).
3. Irritating interruptions may be invitations to invest. Baby crying? Child whining? Phone ringing? Coworker complaining? Could this be your big chance to demonstrate God’s love? This could be your opportunity to share wisdom, patience or grace.
4. You’re God’s rep. Don’t forget!
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
5. Don’t be shipwrecked by mistakes. God can still use us when we blow it. Our hearts are in God’s hands. He will redeem our efforts as long as we run back to Him to refuel.God can still use us after we blunder. Surprisingly, sometimes He uses our blunders.
Here are some more great verses to remember as you pursue the “Top Five To Thrive” I think I’ll try to memorize them!
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. – John 16:33
This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. -Psalm 118:24
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters – Colossians 3:23
3 thoughts on “Monday Moods: Top Five To Thrive”
LOVE THIS. Definitely need to remember #5.
Thanks, Taylor! Yep! I’ve learned from many many mistakes and God has used a lot of them for good ;). Sometimes, I didn’t see it at first. Wisdom and understanding came with time:). I am grateful.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I just nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award! Info is in my latest post…thank you for all of the inspiration I get from reading your blog!