It’s Fun Friday! -Time to contemplate the oh, so serious side of life! (Haha) Today, The Type A Lady will discuss The Perks of Being Old. Being Type A, I must make a list:
Top Five Perks of Being Old by The Type A Lady
1. No more makeup I would need a putty knife to fill in my wrinkles. Anyway, why bother? When I throw all that “Look Younger” stuff on my face I kinda look like an over-the-hill lady of the night.
I’m not sure God would approve.
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. – Proverbs 31:30
2. Excuse to speak out. Folks think I know something cause I have wrinkles. (#stillclueless) Seriously, I love to share what I’ve learned the hard way. God is good and He’s taught me lots. I pray I can share the lessons with you!
Wisdom is with the aged, and understanding in length of days.- Job 12:12
3. Tech handicap. My adult daughters must be constantly on call to assist me when I get confused with all things computer. This is also a great excuse to get to talk to them on a regular basis. I love my tech-savvy girls!
So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come. – Psalm 71:18
4. No more bluffing. I don’t have to fake it any more. I’ve been around too long. People know me too well. I’m cracked. I’m flawed. But God can use cracked pots. Thank you, God.
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. – 2 Corin 4:16
5. I get to offer Cracked Pot ponderings on life in my blog. With so many years of blessings all jammed up inside my head, I can’t help myself. This stuff has got to spill out somewhere. It might as well spill out here. (To God be the glory!!!!).
My bottom line: If I gotta be old, I might as well be a Titus 2 and write to YOU!
Thank you, God, for letting me hang on and hang out on these pages .😜💕
4 thoughts on “Fun Friday: Five Perks Of Being Old (a Type A Checklist)”
Great blog, Laurie. I love the way you look at life. Please keep up the positive uplifting messages. 😍
Thanks, Lisa! Keep inspiring me with your wisdom and uplifting messages on Instagram! Love them!
Love it!! I skip the putty knife too, but still wear mascara, otherwise my eyes disappear in the wrinkles when I smile.
You’re a blessing!
Thanks so much Marina! Haha! Mascara is good…but I’m always looking like a raccoon once it streaks ! ;).