Nope, I don’t have my dazzling holiday dress on. My home is not accented with fall leaves and pumpkins.
I’m wearing sweatpants. I’m painting walls. I’m sleeping on the floor of a Brooklyn apartment while waiting for the birth of my first grandchild.
YUP…the holidays are going to be a bit different this year. That’s OK. My Six Holiday Stress Tips still apply.
Six Tips to Avoid Holiday Stress
1. Don’t expect perfection. Life is not a Southern Living photo shoot.
2. Let go of the need for approval – Look to God for your worth, not to those you serve or who serve you.
3. Get outside to walk – Let the movement cleanse your soul.
4. Exercise your mind. Talk to God about stuff. Look for HIS perspective, not yours. ALSO – Laugh at least once a day (important!)
5. Take a deep breath and know family and friends are uncontrollable forces. Love them where they are and let GO of the rest. They (and YOU) must find their own way through life. Like I said before: pray em up, let em go, and love them unconditionally.
6. Understand you will never please everyone. Just please God.
The Type A Lady is not an expert, but God is. Here are His Tips (verses found in the Bible) to coincide with mine.
I LOVE posting these verses and memorizing them….Well trying to memorize them, anyway. I’m getting old.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. – Galatians 1:10
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – Phil 4:6
Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them.” – Psalm 126:
Happy and Blessed Holidays!