G – is for golden – the color of the Illinois corn fields which crosspatched my view from the plane!
S – is for simmering soup I flew to Denver to visit my youngest daughter and her two business associates, @hankandboris – the super cats! I climbed the table bench to get this shot of our pumpkin soup, cheese, bread and prosciutto! What a feast for girl and cat sleepovers!
I – is for Indian Summer and the day we discovered the love notes in the barn.
N – is for nighttime – I love Fall walks in the cool darkness!
G – is for God. I’m so thankful to God for my fun fall adventures!
Special thanks to @rachelcooksblog for this yummy Fall treat:
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish, optional
- Honey to taste, optional
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and salt, and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and celery is softened.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add curry powder and cook for another minute, stirring, to toast spices.
- Stir in broth and pumpkin and cook until simmering. Remove from heat and CAREFULLY blend using an immersion blender. Slowly stir in yogurt.
- If needed, heat again over low heat to warm through.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds if desired.