My handy Chick-fil-A wipes reminded me how I need to clean up my act.
There’s a lot of talk about cleansing these days. I totally support cleaning up our eating and lifestyle habits, but I’m wondering about cleansing the heart.
Since I’m a Type A Lady with a lot of muck in my life, I’m focusing on six ways to cleanse spiritually:
1. Recognize bad thinking. The devil knows how to distract you. STOP and take those negative thoughts captive. – 2 Corinthians 10:5
2. Look in the face of Jesus. He is smiling at you and saying, “I’ve got this.” – Matthew 11:28
3. Pray. This doesn’t have to be formal. Sing it out! Shout it out! Whisper it. Silently talk to God. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
4. Seek God‘s opinion. Pretty often, God isn’t as concerned about an issue as you are. “Do you belong to me?” He asks. “That’s enough. Rest in me.” – Romans 8:28
5. Slow down. Don’t get yourself whipped into a frenzy. Consider your options in the light of God‘s word. – Psalm 46:10
6. Pick a favorite Verse. I try to repeat a verse over and over in my mind. This is also a great way to memorize the good stuff and distract me from those messy notions.- Psalm 119:105