I’ve planted Cornflowers (some call them “Bachelor Buttons”) in all my gardens. I plant the seeds in designated flowerbeds.
The little blue buds of cornflowers always turn up in the hard places, breaking through stone walkways and patio pavers.
These little blue wonders are tough! Why do they always bloom in the hard places?
I finally understand (now that I’ve gotten old), God has the answers to my questions. Most of the time, I need to shut up and listen to (or at least observe!) what God has to show me .
When I really look, I find beauty pops up in places I thought would never grow life.
Hmmm…Some of us are in hard places right now. God: Can you please teach us how to grow? Can you teach us how to share the hope of new life even when we’re struggling?
Gosh, thanks, God! Here’s your checklist on finding Beauty in Hard places:
- Romans 8: 28-31: And we know that all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
- Psalms 46:1-3: God is our refuge and our strength; an ever-present help in trouble.
- 2 Corin 1:3,4 : Blessed be the God…who comforts us in our affliction…
- Psalm 34:7: The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
- Isaiah 6:1 (paraphrase) : He brings beauty for ashes, strength for fear…gladness for mourning…peace for despair
- Revelation 21:5: “Behold, I make all things new…”