Get it together in 2019, Type A Lady!
(AKA – Laurie, the forgetful 62 year old)
This new year, I want to tackle each day like a warrior maiden!
Laurie is ready for adventure!
I don’t want to limp through life like some timid victim any more!
Let’s Get Going!
Nope, I’m not going to climb Kilimanjaro or scale Mount Olympus.
I’m going to walk right out that front door with all the bold vitality of a conquering hero. I’ll be just like the movie star – smile sparkling, jaw set, adrenaline engaged. I am, after all, God’s girl.
No more fear!
God’s got a great adventure for me out there: people to love – strangers to impact and passers-by to notice.
The grocery store may be my quest! After school pick up may be my mission! I could be going to work or a meeting, Bible Study or baby doctor.
No matter what my day may bring, I want to conquer it with the bold, unfettered joy and strength God has given me.
After all, I’m God’s girl. Why do I walk around like life is something to dread?
Get over it and move forward, girl!
As I do this, I have a feeling God will use me. I don’t have to understand how, I just have to move forward with God’s reassurance.
It’s gonna be all right… even if I goof up.
Here’s my Type A Top ten list
for conquering fear:
1. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God, – Isaiah 41:10
2. There is no fear in love. But perfect love casts out fear. – 1John 4:18
3. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.- John 14:27
4. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
5. Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. – Psalm 23:4
6. I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. -Psalm 34:4
7. The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? – Psalm 27:1
8. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? -Psalm 118:6
9. I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:38,39
10. Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. – Deut 31:6
2019 – Here I come!